The Undersecretary of Consular and Migratory Affairs has established the following rate for the consular service, with the respective requirements, for Hondurans who request a Death Certificate.
- Precio: US$ 25.00
- Valid Honduran identity card or passport of the person requesting the registration of the deceased (if the applicant is a foreigner, they must present their valid passport).
- Original Death Certificate from the country where the compatriot died.
- Copy of the Honduran Identity Card, Passport or Birth Certificate.
- Proof of payment: Money Order *
- The applicant must go to the Consular Office.
- 2. In the event that a third person is the one who will register the death with the National Registry of Honduras, the applicant must make a Power of Attorney at the Consular Office.
Second Step to Follow – Registration in Honduras: Main Requirement
- Original Death Certificate issued by the Consular Office.
- Power of Attorney (when registration is made by a third person).
Steps to Follow: Ministry of Foreign Relations and International Cooperation
- Authenticate the documentation in the Authentication Unit.
- Processing cost: L.150.00
- Processing time: One day.
NO PROCESSORS ARE REQUIRED.
National Register of persons
- Present the authenticated documentation before the Municipal Civil Registry of your jurisdiction.
- Processing cost: Free
- Processing Time: Immediate.
* The Money Order applies only to our Consular Offices in the United States of America and the rest of our Consular Offices use the payment method through bank windows.
CASH PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTED AT CONSULAR POSTS.
** All these documents must be original.