The Undersecretariat of Consular and Migratory Affairs has established the following rate for the consular service, with the respective requirements, for Hondurans who request the granting of a Special Power of Attorney.
It is the one that serves to represent you in a SPECIFIC matter and until the process is completed. Example: a Power of Attorney for divorce, lawsuits, representation, etc.
- Price: US $ 200.00
- Valid Honduran identity card or valid Honduran passport of the person granting the Power of Attorney.
- Generals of the person to whom the Power of Attorney is granted (full name, identity card number, marital status, profession and address). If you are a Lawyer: full name, identity card number, Honduran Bar Association card number and professional address.
- Confirmation of the printed appointment.
- Proof of payment: Money Order *
- In the event that the Special Power of Attorney is for the sale or purchase of land or house, you must present a copy of the Deed or Property Title of the real estate or, failing that, a description of the real estate and its exact location.
Second Step – Registration in Honduras:
- Original Special Power of Attorney issued by the Consular Office.
Steps to Follow: Ministry of Foreign Relations and International Cooperation
- Authenticate the documentation in the Authentication Unit.
- Processing cost: L.150.00
- Processing time: One day.
NO PROCESSORS REQUIRED
* The Money Order applies only to our Consular Offices in the United States of America and the rest of our Consular Offices use the payment method through bank windows.
CASH PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTED AT CONSULAR POSTS.
** All these documents must be original.