Tripe soup is a traditional recipe from Honduras, highly desired by the Catracho people, as it is a complete food with excellent flavor.
- 3 pounds tripe tripe well washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 pound beef or pork feet to taste
- 1 leg
- 2 ripe plantains
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small cabbage
- 4 cloves
- 1 small squash
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small coriander from castile, finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp of spices
- 1 sweet chili
- ½ onion
- 5 garlic cloves, blended
- Put the tripe to cook together with the pork legs, salt and the chili, onion, garlic smoothie until it softens.
- Add the vegetables (patate, carrots, potatoes, cabbage) cut into small pieces.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cloves and spices.
- Add the ripe banana when the vegetables have softened.
- When the banana is soft, turn off the stove and with the soup still hot add the chopped cilantro.